Content Management System
The integration of a Content Management System (CMS) allows you to dynamically populate and modify your website in-house without the need for specialist IT skills.
We are able to implement or work on an existing system of your choice, but we recommend and prefer N2CMS.
For the technophiles…
N2CMS allows us to build your solution on the latest version of the Microsoft .NET framework and utilise the latest technological platforms designed for this framework including the new ASP.NET MVC.
The MVC framework allows us to separate the design from the code. This means that CMS features don’t dictate or restrict how information is presented on the website, and also allows us to test the code thoroughly.
The CMS uses an object-orientated design, which means we’re not restricted by the underlying data source, and can incorporate changes or new features at a blistering pace, significantly reducing the development time of more traditional CMS offerings.
In layman’s terms…
We can concentrate solely on the exact functional and design requirements of your website, knowing that whatever the solution, the CMS and underlying framework can handle it.
An added benefit of N2 is that any existing website can also be converted to the system and still produce dynamic pages that are in every other aspect identical to the original if desired.
Some features of the CMS include:
- Support for multiple websites
- Support for multiple languages
- Support for all modern browsers
- WYSIWYG editor
- HTML editor
- Custom meta data management
- Friendly URLs
- Dynamic navigation and sitemaps
- Secure page access
- Permission-based editing and publishing
- Time based publishing & expiration
- Page versioning
- Page previewing
- Roll back to previous version
- Drag and drop parts between and within page zones
- XML for search engine sitemaps
- Generation of any W3C compliant HTML document type (eg. XHTML 1.0 strict or HTML 5)
- Printable version of any page
- Central storage for all assets in a logical folder based structure
- Support for rich media
- Create customised forms
- Integration of 3rd Party web services
- Hidden pages (not linked via navigation)
...and much more!
For a demonstration of the CMS in action please visit our CMS training site.
We use this site as the platform to build your custom training site, incorporating the custom features of your sites or applications that have been built on the N2CMS.