Fox Creek Wines
Fox Creek is a small boutique vineyard in the McLaren Vale region. Established in 1984, the winery has earned a deserved reputation for producing high quality wines. They are particularly well known for their three Shiraz wines.
The old website was dated in design and functionality, as well as being time consuming and difficult to update. Our challenge was to develop a new website on an easily maintained content management system (CMS) that included a product database and online shopping process within a design that reflected the heritage and quality of the Fox Creek brand.
We worked closely with Fox Creek to ensure we accurately captured the various requirements for the website. Fox Creek produces a special Braille label for their wines and wished to ensure this focus on accessibility extended to the website as well.
Over the course of the project we:
- Led a comprehensive workshop to identify requirements
- Produced an interactive and iterated prototype of the website (wireframe)
- Worked closely with our designer to develop a look and feel that reflected the Fox Creek brand and considered accessibility concerns
- Provided training and support for the N2 CMS.
Functionality delivered included:
- Implementation of the N2 Content Management System (CMS)
- Production of design concepts and their transition into HTML templates for integration into the developed website
- Development of a product catalogue that is easily managed via the CMS
- Development of online shopping based on various levels of membership as well as an express checkout process
- Implementation of news and event modules
- Implementation of an Email Marketing System
The redesigned website, and most especially the product catalogue with online shopping, has increased ease of use for Fox Creek in maintaining the website and their customers in purchasing the wines they love. This is what Fox Creek had to say about the final result:
"Lithe Adaptive Web Solutions have excelled throughout the whole process of developing Fox Creek Wines new website. They were extremely patient while we decided on the design and functionality of our site. Support (LitheCare) has continued after sign off as they have reacted to our needs and helped us expeditiously.
Lithe developed an understanding of our business, particularly our wine club and were able to offer improvements to our online ordering process. Once all elements of the website were finalised, it went live without any problems and our first orders were received within hours of publishing . Lithe's recommendations for external technology have all worked seamlessly with our website and have saved us money by not reinventing technology that already exists.
We look forward to further enhancing our website and taking advantage of new developments with Lithe over the coming years. "
You can view the website at http://www.foxcreekwines.com/.