Defence SA and Techport
Defence SA is South Australia’s lead government agency for all defence matters and the nation’s only stand-alone state defence organisation.
LiTHe are currently engaged as preferred suppliers for the provision of online management, design and communication services, including:
- Creation of new online products
- Updating and maintenance of existing products
- Support and advice for all online activities
- Strategy and analysis for all websites and online activities
- Hosting of all web assets.
We have performed a wide range of tasks for Defence SA, including:
- Auditing their existing web assets
- Design and development of new websites for their principle businesses
- Email marketing, template design and delivery
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM), strategy and implementation.
A priority for Defence SA was to review their main websites, defencesa.com and techportaustralia.com
To review these websites we conducted a thorough audit which involved:
- Reviewing and making recommendations about content
- Conducting competitor analysis
- Reviewing the user experience and information architecture
- Analysing search engine optimisation (SEO) and page validation
- Evaluating online marketing
- Measuring uptime statistics, page load speeds and security issues.
As a result of this detailed audit we were enlisted to redesign and redevelop the Defence State and Techport websites to improve readability and scannability, make it easier to navigate and enhance content and navigation for SEO. We also replaced the content management system (CMS) with the much more efficient, intuitive and accommodating N2 CMS so that multiple sites could be handled and Defence SA could have total control over content.
The redeveloped websites are now much easier for the client to maintain, easier for users to read and navigate and better optimised for search engines. Increased conversions also resulted from the improvements made.